"I believe that Southern Africa is the most beautiful place on earth. I would like to extend a personal invitation to you to come and see for yourself the splendour of Southern Africa. I know that my people will be delighted to welcome you and I think you will be enchanted by their warmth and hospitality."
- Mr. Nelson Mandela -
Africa is larger than the United States, China, India, Japan and the whole of Europe put together. Over the past decade, six of the world’s ten fastest-growing countries were in Africa. With a population of over one billion – the fastest growing and youngest in the world – and an emerging middle class, Africa has consumers who are more prosperous today than ever before. Africa’s 300 million middle-class consumers now constitute more than a third of its population.
While most investors target the populous and more developed regions such as Asia, Europe, North America and Australia, there are opportunities for doing business throughout the African continent. However, the sheer number of countries (54), currencies, languages and physical and cultural barriers are major obstacles for businesses interested in capitalizing on the African opportunity.
Lindon Corporation can help you navigate through these challenges and unlock these opportunities by developing your own African Growth Strategy and assisting you to venture into the lucrative African markets. Our African solution includes the following services:
- Assessing and or developing the institutional readiness of your firm to enter the African market;
- Auditing and recommending the international business development skills that would be required;
- Developing the international business development budget;
- Training on the technical knowledge, market intelligence and skills required to compete in a particular African market;
- Assessing your firms capacity to supply and or manufacture for the African market;
- Developing Intelligence Dossiers of specific target country markets.
The Country Dossiers would include:
- Local market demand for the product/service;
- Level of competition;
- Historic market performance;
- Trade barriers;
- Political risk;
- Distribution options for your product/service;
- Climate and location issues affecting your product/service;
- Infrastructure assessment;
- Potential environmental concerns;
- Intellectual property protection;
- Currency convertibility and fluctuations;
- Local cultural factors to take into consideration;
- Legal environment, and
- Best market entry strategy, i.e. direct investment, acquisition, joint ventures, etc.
Peek into our Library and share in some of our knowledge. Should you need a Solution customized to your specific needs and circumstance, please Contact Us.